Write off up to 80% of your debt
- Starting from £80 per month
- Stop all creditor contact
- Stop all interest and charges instantly
- You get to keep your car and house
WHAT IS AN IVA?
An IVA (Individual Voluntary Arrangement) is a formal agreement between your creditors and you to repay an amount you can afford to pay off your debts. These agreements are legal and a very powerful tool to help get you back to financial stability. For those who have taken on more debt than they can repay and are struggling with even their minimum monthly payments, an IVA was designed just for their situations. Usually, the repayment period for an IVA is five years (60 months). For this entire period, you will have to pay certain amount per month, and when the 60 months are over, your creditors are obliged by law to cancel any of your remaining debts.
How long does it take to set up an IVA?
Usually within two to four weeks most IVA's can be drafted. They are then sent to all your creditors, which can take another two weeks for their approval. By law, your creditors are not allowed to make any contact with you after an IVA is setup. This will give you peace of mind, knowing you do not have to deal with creditors anymore. All you do is make the payment you agreed to for 60 months - the usual period. When this period expires, any debts that remain are forgiven and you are free from the pressure of debt.
Can I apply for an IVA online?
Applying for an IVA online is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Check if you are eligible by using our IVA Calculator
- An advisor will run through your income and expenditure, to see how you are managing your money at the moment
- Your dedicated advisor will run a credit check (with your permission) to see a total list of your debts so they can better understand your financial situation
- Based on your disposable income, you will be given a monthly cost for your IVA proposal (minimum £70 per month)
- If you want to proceed with your IVA, just let your advisor know and they will draft your proposal.
Apply for an IVA Online
If you are ready to apply for an IVA, please make sure you have a little bit of time ready to run through your information and fill our your details inside our IVA calculator to get an IVA.
Find out more about Individual Voluntary Arrangements:
To find out more about managing your money if you have under £4000 worth of debt, please visit Money Advice Service, an independent service set up to help people manage their money.