1. A Debt Relief Order (DRO) can provide a clean slate for those in financial difficulty who owe less than £20,000 and have very few assets.
2. It is a fast process that can be completed in just a few weeks.
3. Creditors are not able to take further action against you while the DRO is in place.
4. It is a cheaper alternative to bankruptcy and is less stigmatizing.
5. It can be a good solution if you are unable to pay back your debts and are unable to enter into an informal agreement with your creditors.
6. You will no longer be contacted by your creditors and all interest on the debt will be frozen.
7. You will be able to make a fresh start once the DRO has been completed.